If you’re looking for a way to earn an MBA without leaving your current job, consider a part-time program. Part-time MBA programs are structured to minimize schedule conflicts for working professionals. In testing year 2011 alone, more than 31,000 GMAT® examinees worldwide indicated they were looking to pursue a part-time MBA program. By all measures—increased earning potential, skill development, preparation for leadership roles, and improved job satisfaction—a part-time MBA can provide an invaluable boost up the career ladder. And even if you plan to transition to a new industry, part-time MBA programs can give you an opportunity to leverage your existing professional networks to change jobs or try a new field.
How Can a Part-Time MBA Advance Your Career?
A vast majority of part-time MBA alumni from the classes of 2000 to 2011 rated their programs highly in terms of the following career outcomes:
- Preparation for leadership positions (91%)
- Preparation for chosen career (88%)
- Opportunities for quicker career advancement (83%)
- Increased earning power (84%)
- Improved job satisfaction (82%)
- Development of a professional network (79%)